[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Consolation?

Posted By: neilkaz
Date: Thursday, 19 July 2007, at 5:13 p.m.

In Response To: Consolation? (Chuck Bower)

I've given this a lot of thought over the years, but no consolation. 3 losses and you are out and can play jackpots, blitzes, quickies or masters or doubles or what ever.

Oh..and another idea I like, when it comes to prizes, buys don't count.

So how would I pay off ? Well about 10% of the players would get a prize, just like now. I'd pay more places than 10% rather than less.

So assume we have 62 players and theres one 11-2 who wins, two 9-3's (one got a bye but lost his 3rd match a round earlier) and 4 players at 8-3.

Well then I pay 7 places ..first.. 2nd/3rd as equals and 4th,5th,6th,7th as equals.

I also have my doubts that assuming a clear first and clear 2nd, that the first place winner when playing so many matches deserves twice the $$ that the 2nd place gets.

I think I'd take a look at the way golf tourneys are paid and perhaps average that payout sked, with a BG standard 8/4/22/1111

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.