[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Nactating irregular doublets

Posted By: Matt Ryder
Date: Sunday, 9 January 2011, at 7:41 a.m.

In Response To: How to nactate 52S-54-g 13/9 8/3* (Nack Ballard)

Nack wrote:

For doublets, each of the BEACON letters are subdivided into 2:2 ratio (regular) and 3:1 ratio (underlined). 24/23 6/5(3) is therefore in the (underlined) E subfamily. To decide which member, apply the standard hit/most/6 rule. There is no hit, so you go on to "most" (points). Of legal 3:1 plays, Bar/24 6/5(3) makes the most points, so that play gets the capital E.

I'm struggling with this principle a bit. It seems that 63R-33 played 13/10*, 8/5(3) should be nactated with an underlined O (given the 3:1 ratio), but might O imply 13/10(3)*, 8/5 instead? So is it o maybe?

I've compiled a list of all second-roll responses where the error is below 0.05. I'm attempting to manually nactate these but must confess that I'm in way over my head, especially with the doublets (51S-55 played 13/3, 8/3, 6/1* anyone?)

Note that I'm interested in learning nactation without assumption.

(I for one am eagerly anticipating Nack's updated tutorial to feel in the gaps.)

Matt

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.