[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Full list of 4 plys opening rolls for money

Posted By: Nack Ballard
Date: Monday, 10 January 2011, at 6:43 a.m.

In Response To: Full list of 4 plys opening rolls for money (Alexandre Le Siege)

I confirm Alexandre's updates and corrections so far (to Kye's compilation) except:

(1) I believe that when Kye lists a number of trials, he intentionally refers only to the top two plays. But even if he were listing it for all plays, if you are going to point out 51$-52 [S=$ D17] ^46*5 (i.e., with the 5k mentioned), then to be consistent I would think you'd also want to point out 51$-32 [$ S1 Z7] ^46*31 (i.e., with the 31k mentioned), unless Z was extended from 31k to 46k without my knowledge.

(2) I always list the difference in equities that a bot reports, rather than subtracting one absolute equity from another. Done that way, we actually have 52S-62 [S R3], rather than the [S R2] you listed. You might want to check my logic on this: The equities are -.135 and -.137, which indicates that the difference is at least .001 (if the equities are rounded from -.1355 and -.1365) and at most .003 (if equities are -.1345 and -.1375). OTOH, the difference is reported as .003, which means that it is between .0025 and .0035. From the overlap of those two paradigms, we know the difference must be between .0025 and .003, and "therefore" on average it is .00275. If that logic is right, then the difference is closer to .003 than to .002. Even if that logic is wrong, then it is at worst random whether .002 or .003 is closer. That is why I always report the reported difference.

Nack

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.