[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

poker book recommendations (+/-) -- OT

Posted By: Chuck Bower
Date: Monday, 10 January 2011, at 5:18 p.m.

I know there are many poker players who read this forum, and they likely represent most of the skill spectrum. I'm wondering what books they recommend, and also which ones they recommend against reading.

I've read a few. One I liked alot because of its style was Gus Hansen's Every Hand Revealed which is a collection of every (I believe) hand he played (329 out of ~850 dealt) when he won the Aussie Millions tournament a couple years ago. He tells you what he was thinking during each hand.

Would a backgammon book in this same style work? Although there are many annotated matches, I can't think of any that come close to commenting an every play. Marty Storer's two volume Backgammon Praxis does the best job of digging deeply into positions, from what I've seen. Only one of the matches (a short one) was his own -- all three involve Malcolm Davis, one vs. Ed O' and one vs. Frank Talbot. He does include some comments from the players themselves, but not anything close to as comprehensively as does Gus. It may take someone with an extraordinary memory to be able to pull this off.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.