[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

candidates

Posted By: Alexandre Le Siege
Date: Monday, 10 January 2011, at 11:29 p.m.

In Response To: candidates (Chuck Bower)

I can comment on your books.

Matthew Hilger -- Internet Texas Hold'em Daugherty and McEvoy -- No-limit Texas Hold'em

Those are pretty bad books, advice will often be incorrect especially from Mcevoy.

Caro -- The Body Language of Poker

This is a classic for poker tell. Mike Caro is a fascinating poker player and was one of the best 5 card draw poker player.

Harrington and Robertie -- currently six volumes, I believe. (I have the first 5.)

Those are one of the best books that have been written. The advice is solid and its pretty recent.

Sklansky books Sklansky on Poker Theory

This is considered by many a fantastic book. Still a good read, but I think its a little outdated and I think some people have the impression like Sklansky and Malmuth are like poker god but thats more a myth than reality and you have to be careful with everything that has been written by those 2 since most of the advices has been refuted or is outdated.

Lee Jones -- Winning Low Limit Hold'em

If you starting out in limit holdem, its good for beginner

Greenstein -- Ace on the River

This book has nice photos, interesting stories but no poker advice content.

Phil Gordon's Little Green Book

Funny to read, good story about hands and decent advices.

King Yao -- Weighing the Odds in Hold'em Poker

Bill Chen and Jerrod Ankerman -- The Mathematics of Poker

Those 2 books are heavy on the math side.

King yao book is about limit holdem. I think it overly complicated and it put to much emphasis on odds but the guy clearly know how to play poker.

Ive heard great critics about mathematics of poker but havent read it myself.

Matt Lessinger -- The Book of Bluffs

good book to bring to the WC. It written in a format you can read couple of pages at a time looking at different bluffs. The advice is to be taken not to seriously.

Super System vol. 1, 2

Its a great book if you want to learn many different form of poker, triple draw deuce to seven, razz etc

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.