[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Favorable Review of Lynn Ehlich's Great Tournament in NJ

Posted By: mamabear
Date: Tuesday, 11 January 2011, at 1:38 p.m.

In Response To: Favorable Review of Lynn Ehlich's Great Tournament in NJ (Rich Munitz)

Rich: You should just be glad that Paul is a modern type of player who is willing to share his hard-won knowledge so generously with you. In bygone days, many good players jealously guarded what they knew, and it might have been years before you could have found someone to explain the opening rolls to you.

I'm kind of envious, really. I've been playing a long time, and still don't know how to play an opening 4-3. Maybe some day I'll be lucky enough to have some expert show me the right play for that roll. Meanwhile, I'll have to keep on guessing.

Joe: I don't believe it's customary at a large tournament (or much of anyplace) to break up someone else's heads-up game because they wouldn't let you make it a chou. At a small local club it might be normal for all side games to be considered potential chouettes, if the alternative was that the interloper would otherwise be "out of action", but at an ABT event there are plenty of other people around who might play with you. I vote you get a bad-form demerit.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.