[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Sklansky

Posted By: Jake Jacobs
Date: Wednesday, 12 January 2011, at 1:35 a.m.

In Response To: Sklansky (Chuck Bower)

Back when I was living in Vegas a friend was kibitzing a 7-stud game, maybe $5-$10 or $10-$20. Sklansky was in the game. Keep in mind this was thirty years ago, and while David is a fine theorist he isn't (or wasn't then) a high-rolling, no-limit whiz. But he was certainly famous, and his book on 7-stud was considered the bible.

There comes a pot where the action is between Sklansky and some young player. I was guess it was all very exciting (yawn) but not being a poker player I don't recall a single stirring detail of how the hand was played. But what was apparent to everyone at the table, and maybe even the old ladies playing at the nearby slots, was that when the hole cards were revealed Sklansky had played the hand like a total fishcake, and drawn out at the end to hand the kid an exceptionally bad beat.

There was a moment of stunned silence while everyone contemplated the enormity of it. The kid trembled with emotion, stood, and reached under him, to what he had been sitting on. It was a copy of Sklansky's book on stud, which he proceeded to throw at him!

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.