[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Favorable Review of Lynn Ehlich's Great Tournament in NJ

Posted By: Gregg Cattanach
Date: Wednesday, 12 January 2011, at 5:44 p.m.

In Response To: Favorable Review of Lynn Ehlich's Great Tournament in NJ (joe freedman)

I'm with Neil and Stick here (though I haven't played a chouette in years and probably have played one money session in that same time.) If I approach two players in a money session and ask 'Do you want to make it a chouette?', if the answer is no, then that's final and they should be left alone.

Head-to-head money play is a completely different animal than chouette, and if two players have chosen the first, there should be no expectation that they should be willing or even interested in converting their game to a chouette. But there is no harm in asking once.

Once a chouette IS a chouette, then in general, I believe NO ONE should be excluded from joining (if they are willing to play at the ongoing stakes) unless there are already 6 players. But that's just my opinion. Some players (some that read and post here) think a major skill element of chouette play is the politics involved in maneuvering to exclude players that are better than you. I always find this slimy.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.