[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Florida Tournament Pari-Mutuel

Posted By: Bill Finneran
Date: Wednesday, 12 January 2011, at 7:42 p.m.

In Response To: Florida Tournament Pari-Mutuel (Phil Simborg)

There appears to be no bigger disadvantage to going first in this then going first in an auction....

I like the fact that it is very scalable system in that you can run one for local event for fairly small entry fee. I have been to Kentucky Derby parties where the entry fee is a dollar and this system works very well.

Is there any problems associated with leaving the option to enter open for a long period of time and allowing multiple entries by the same person. I am thinking that does some very favorable things....including

1) Whoever goes first gets a chance to correct a perceived disadvantage by creating mulitple entries later on when they can see the relative odds created.

2) Allows for most if not all players to get picked by someone, just like a more traditional calcutta. Few left with the unhappy feeling that no likes their chances. and if they are really unhappy, they could buy in and pick themselves.

3) Would allow Phil and Chiva to play as well, since I dont get how they could game this to their advantage. The only advantage I can see would be to game the time limit to right after you enter. A more open time limit lets everyone see the relative odds until the entries slow down or stop.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.