[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Poker or Backgammon

Posted By: Maik Stiebler
Date: Friday, 14 January 2011, at 1:39 a.m.

In Response To: Poker or Backgammon (Daniel Murphy)

I found everything I did back then on my hard disk, I hope I can find a place to put it online tomorrow.

So another thing I'd have like to see in the missing graphs is at what point(s) waiting for AA is no longer best strategy.

You won't find that point in the graphs I currently have; they all deal with the case of sum of stacks = 400 SB. Under that condition, the pro never waits for AA exclusively. According to the link you gave in your other post, waiting for AA occurs first, when the size of each stack is close to 1000 (he used a different ante/blind structure, but I found his results are nearly equivalent to mine if we equate his units with 1.5 SBs, which means his 1000 translates to 1500 small blinds for my setup).

The guy in the link seems to have done pretty much the same as I did, only his code apparently works faster: I just did a full analysis of sum of stacks=1600 SB, and it took about half an hour on my notebook from 2007 (have to test it on better hardware), so I can't reproduce his table, which contains data from about 200 full analyses, in a reasonable amount of time. In fact, there is probably an upper limit of the sum of stacks my software can deal with, and I don't know yet where it lies.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.