[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

OLM Th 01/13/11

Posted By: higonefive
Date: Friday, 14 January 2011, at 10:25 a.m.

In Response To: OLM Th 01/13/11 (Jason Lee)

Is it a cocktail, this feeling of joy? Or is what I feel, the real McCoy?

Is it a fancy not worth thinking of? Or is it at long last love?

The POTW # 88 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/138/backgammon/problem-week-88-december-14-a-939685/) had a similiar theme, but a completely different position. By the way, between Bill Robertie and Nack Ballard.

There I wrote:

“I am a non math. Perhaps it can be calculated. Here what works for me. Getting off the gammon. We are cooked, when white throws a double. So I look for the best move, which will get the best two shake position. There are several guidelines. a) Do not waste pips by bearing in beyond your sixpoint. b) Cross quadrants whenever possible.c) Not moving to deep in any quadrant. d) Care for gaps. Unfortunately this guidelines doesn’t rule every cases. And sometimes they conflict. Crossing qudrants is not always necessary. We may compare the value of crossovers in bearing in to the value of taking two men off in the bear off. Sometimes it is important to bear an extra man off for getting down to even for saving a roll. In bearing in you want to come down to an odd number of crossovers. Leaving yourself with exactly two crossovers is wastage. Coming down to three is vital. We hope to use the first shake to cross two quadrants, in the second shake to cross the remaining quadrant and then bear a man off.”

That is, what Danny told me. Here, I don’t even see a roll to care for as in #88. There is a gap on the ace for both. If we care for aces, then we have the six. I think all three candidates are to close for a call OTB, but assuming the experience based on #88, I would move 10/6 11/7.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.