[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Nomenclature?

Posted By: Stick
Date: Sunday, 22 July 2007, at 8:31 p.m.

In Response To: Nomenclature? (Chuck Bower)

I mispoke when I said 43Z ... ignore that for now.

When I started the site I was concerned with the main lines, that being opening moves that one sees in actual play. Do you ever, for money (which all my posted rollouts are) see someone plays 24/20 24/21? How about 32Z (24/22 13/10) instead of 32D or 32S? Nobody plays that shit...even though 32Z isn't terrible it's still not worth it in my opinion. The replies that get misplayed aren't significantly more than either of the regular 32 openings.

To your question at hand. I don't have a rollout for 43U (U=up, 24/20 24/21) available to me right now so I'll take what 3 ply says, that it is a .02 ~ish error to make this play. Depending on how badly your opponent butchers the 21 reply might affect the decision, but giving him a normal blunder, .08 - .1 range is fine, I still play 43D. I don't think it occurs often enough to overthrow the small error you'd have to make time & time again until he tosses the 21. I could do the math but my common sense (and laziness) dictate I need not. In conclusion I guess I don't agree with "But it does illustrate a point -- the right opening is often a function of the two players. " The only point I think it illustrates is KISS, keep it simple stupid, play the right play 98% of the time.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.