[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Wow, Stick found a hen's tooth!!

Posted By: Chuck Bower
Date: Wednesday, 25 July 2007, at 4:59 p.m.

In Response To: Ok, I don't get it (RO) (Bryce)

But Mary's the farmer so I'm awaiting her judgment before putting it in a museum.

I'd look at the cube action after the return hit (if you haven't already).

Another issue is that you aren't using good rollout params. For truncated rollouts of even ply checkerplay you should use an even truncate horizon (e.g. 10 or 12, not 11).

Personally I never use truncated rollouts but that's not necessarily from purely objective reasoning. I would use 0-ply play, 2-ply cube (untruncated) when I want a fast results. Stepped rollouts, starting 2-ply, 2-ply and then shifting checkerplay to 0-ply after an even number (e.g. 8) plies are a compromise between full (2,2) and full (0,2).

One other thing is that it looks like you've tweaked the settings away from World Class. (Maybe you just took one of their other 2-ply options.) That's another thing I avoid, but here I can't say that your settings would mess things up. I've never studied those.

I'm not betting different rollout settings will overturn this, but it's my last gasp effort to avoid losing to Stick.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.