[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Q: What brand of paper towel does Stick use?

Posted By: Chuck Bower
Date: Wednesday, 25 July 2007, at 5:29 p.m.

In Response To: Nomenclature? (Stick)

A: Scrawny.

I'm surprised I'm so nice to you since you repeatedly prove me wrong, you little Skit of stih.

You are right that misplaying 21 after 43 double split (I refuse to use your lettering) does not make that play best. Where were you 10 years ago when I first made that statement and no one (publicly) disagreed? Oh, yeh, probably chasing your underage female relatives around Appalachian Ohio U.

My JF cubeless rollouts (stop ROFL, they were the BEST for the time) had the double split (21,20) worse than the double builder (9,10) by 0.012. Misplaying the 21 alone only brings the difference to 0.008. (Note these are cubeless equities so need some multiplier to get to cubeful.)

Another anecdote for you: there was a public lecture at the 1994 World Cup with co-presenters Joe Sylvester and Kit Woolsey. Joe talked about an opponent who played the double split with opening 4-3 (and maybe with 3-2; that part I don't remember). Joe said he drove him crazy because he had never studied how to defend this opening. OK, I doubt if that was enough to make him the underdog. :)

So, smartypants, here's a quiz for you, and no consulting a bot: List your choices for replies to 43 opening played 20,21. And just in case you're wondering what the answer key will be -- it's my JF rollouts. (That's a gift to you since cubeless will demagnify the amplitude of the errors you're going to make.)

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.