[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Bonus question:

Posted By: Matt Cohn-Geier
Date: Friday, 27 July 2007, at 8:00 p.m.

In Response To: Bonus question: (Klaus Evers)

I'm taking and wouldn't cube, unless I thought my opponent would pass, at -4,-4. Dropping at -2, -3. For -3, -5, eh, I would take it, and it's a reasonably strong double.

How do I work out my cube action? Well I have the takepoints mostly memorized, from going through Kit's 5 point match article and working with GNU's market window. I could work them out from the respective match equities if I needed to, but it would take longer. Gammon values are next on my list. And I have a fair idea of the play at the scores. It can be tough if I ever play matches longer than 5 points though :)

At -4,-4: you should take more deeply (and, consequently, double later) than you do for money due to the efficiency of the recube and the fact that it kills both players' gammons. At -2, -3, you have a pretty high takepoint at 27% with no recube, and match-ending gammons are quite bad. At -3, -5, you now have a pretty low takepoint at 21%, not taking into account the recube. Gammons are bad, but not as bad as they are at -2, -3, and besides that you have the lower takepoint as well.

Don't know if I'm right, but it's what I would do.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.