[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Whats yer poison?

Posted By: Stick
Date: Sunday, 29 July 2007, at 7:46 a.m.

In Response To: Whats yer poison? (Keene)

• The back checker does not move. There's no point in stepping up into all that wood wishing to topple over even though you have a small racing lead and a bigger board that could change quite rapidly if you decide to step up

• Once that has been established the score needs to be noted. Even though for money I know I'd play two down without much thought here one should question whether the hit, 8/1*, could possibly be correct. I'm going to say it is not. There is a severe "lack of wood" (so many jokes to be made, so little time...) in the zone that argues against this blitz play w/out the blitzing behind it. True, if you do happen to snag a dancer you can bring builders down quickly but it seems too far fetched. Another bonus of hitting is you stunt your opponent's development, that is, if he doesn't hit you back, in which case you've blown your race lead and also any offensive development you may have had. Conclusion, 8/1* is too optimistic, even at this score

• The above makes the 4 now forced, 13/9, do we pick with a well distributed 8/5 or go for the juggular with the all out 13/10. The score argues for all out, the stacked mid argues for all out, the additional few shots are more than compensated in the risk v. reward category IMO. As I already stated, two down would be my play for money and ends up being my play here. 13/9 13/10

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.