[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

NASCAR definition

Posted By: Chuck Bower
Date: Monday, 30 July 2007, at 4:19 p.m.

In Response To: NASCAR definition (DC-Ohio)

Non-Aggressive Sport Centered Around Rednecks

Non-aggressive? Were you talking the competitors or the fans?? Wrong in either case.

C'mon you're telling me that you are willing to spend 4 hours sitting in traffic getting to the brickyard to sit and watch.... 4 more hours of TRAFFIC???

Make that 15 hours -- from the time I walked out the door until I got home and popped open a brew. I actually rode a bus (charter, so comfortable, uncrowded, AND with a restroom). That takes the sting out of the traffic, and assembling 250,000 people (with coolers!) into two square miles and finding parking for all of them is what I call "congestion" -- agree with you there.

Watching 150-200 mph traffic is a lot different than the usual kind, though. Wouldn't want to make a habit of it but I do watch a lot on TV (yep, more fodder for ridicule) -- that's the comfortable way. But just like any sporting contest (or music concert vs. recording), there's something (positive) you get being there live in person that you just can't get from TV, even with HD and surround sound and all the latest technology.

I'm sure it's not for everyone but the redneck connection -- I know, it's easy to make -- although part of the reality, is only a part. There's a lot of talent (both physical and mental) that goes into to being the best, even with the national pasttime of the Confederacy.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.