[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Gammon Empire/Play65 fairness

Posted By: Henrik Bukkjaer
Date: Monday, 21 March 2011, at 5:22 p.m.

In Response To: Gammon Empire/Play65 fairness (Havard Raddum)

I think the settlement are calculated from the cubeless value of the position (eg. before the double).

It cannot be way off, since white have some wins and the money eq. (assuming no doubles) must be around .60 - .70, and the calculated settlement must be in that neighborhood.

What is way off, is to use the this method of settling.

However, there are no bullet-proof way of doing this, as far as I recall. Once (was it on fibs or gamesgrid, I cannot recall ,so many years ago), people started matches vs. the toprated players and bots, then left the game while it was still 50/50 and waited for the automatic settlement (giving them +rating because they were underdogs in the match, but 50/50 in theory for the current position).

It's a little like the drawback from "correct" evaluation in gnubg when using asymmetric match equity tables :-)

Anyone know precisely how unfinished matches are settled on the different money servers? Are there an overview of this somewhere?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.