[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

OT - Tough decision

Posted By: mamabear
Date: Monday, 6 August 2007, at 3:21 p.m.

In Response To: OT - Tough decision (DC-Ohio)

Hard to say since I don't know what your needs are... for example, do you plan to send the kids to public schools? If so, you can forget the city of Columbus! Do you want land, or is your idea of the right-size yard a patch of concrete just big enough for hopscotch? How far do you consider to be an acceptable commute? Are you handy enough to deal with an older home?

I'd start with realtor.com, which lists a lot of houses to give you a feel for prices and what you can get. You can also come up some Sunday and drive around the target area between 1 and 4 to see open houses and get their fact sheets. I wouldn't bother with openhouse.com, since they miss about 3/4 of the ones that are open any given Sunday.

BTW the people on this board who live in Chicago, California, or NY probably think you're dreaming looking for houses "in the low 100s" but you will find them here if you're willing to commute a bit of a ways.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.