[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Even more big brother? (very OT)

Posted By: Frank Berger
Date: Monday, 6 August 2007, at 8:22 p.m.

In Response To: Even more big brother? (very OT) (Bill Riles)

you have nothing to fear in the slightest communication with US citizens unless you are engaged in illegal activities
And there is one unfailable criteria for being illegal?

What makes me realy afraid is when people are so confident that they are obviously the good ones that it is justified the undoubtly bad ones with any measure.... just taking this measures makes them indistinguishable from the bad ones (e.g. is Guantanamo really to justify anyhow?)

further, on my recent trip to Europe, the security at CDG-Paris (I flew in and out of Paris) was very strict; and the border crossing security between Italy and Switzerland was intense, including very personal searches of some people
I havn't been in CDP, but I recently crossed the border between Italy and Switzerland and I had to show my passport and when I went the other direction not even that. And that's true for most european countries (due to the Schengen contract IIRC)

The only time I experienced such treatments at the border was when I visited former GDR, CSSR and Rumania in the 70ties and eighties. Just to remind you, that was totalitarian systems at that time, without liberty or democratic structures and which are afraif of any western foreigner. Do you really feel that is a desirable proximity??

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.