[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Mastering Backgammon series by Bill Robertie

Posted By: Stick
Date: Tuesday, 7 August 2007, at 9:44 p.m.

In Response To: Mastering Backgammon series by Bill Robertie (Mislav Radica)

You know how much I like bitching, esp. about published articles from sites that support Play65 and the opening moves by 'experts'. This bitch session is about the first 8 articles that are not written by Robertie, the other gimps on the site. Off to read Robertie now, thanks for the linkage.

• Make a not-so-good new point: 64 - odd phrasing for telling someone what the best play is?

• Move both back men: 43 - puke

• Run a back man into the opposing outer board: 64, 63 - Why not include 62 then? 54? 62R is a lot closer to 63R than 63R is to 64R

• Bring two men off the midpoint: 32, (43), (54). - What's up w/the quotes on the best two down move, 43? and 52?

• Move the larger number off the midpoint, and the ace off the six point: 21, (51). - 41 says what?

• The rolls 64 and 63 can reasonably be used to run a single back man, in the hope that it won't be hit and can soon be made relatively safe - Define 'reasonably'?

• 51S 66B 52? - If you're writing an article to be published I'd make sure I at least checked with Snowie. The suggested plays of 23/21 13/8 and 24/22 13/8 were not my choice, no surprise they weren't Snowie's choice either (no rollouts available from me yet)

• White opens with the good roll 65 and moves the standard obvious 24/13. Green replies with 51: 13/8 24/23. I and the bots agree that this is best. - O RLY? I learn something new every day :)

• Backgammon Software section lists JellyFish, I think this should drop off the face of the planet esp. when including BGBlitz. Two bots are enough for me, 3 bots is overkill, and 4? lol..there's no reason to list the Fish when the top 3 are all still active and much stronger

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.