[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Mastering Backgammon series by Bill Robertie

Posted By: Mislav Radica
Date: Wednesday, 8 August 2007, at 8:35 a.m.

In Response To: Mastering Backgammon series by Bill Robertie (Stick)

I think these Robertie's articles are something which he has wrote before and has in his drawer. I also can't accept his ignoring gnubg in all his writing. I think this is bcuz he can't make any business with free bot. But you can see the same behavior on other commercial sites like Gammon Village for example. There is no any word about gnubg or BGblitz there. It can't be accidentally.

I don't like all sites which is connect with GE/P65 and all their clones too and don't read all other garbage on this site but find this series not bad at all. There are some cube references positions and some thought about backgames, etc.

Well, I don't like Robertie style from time to time. He ignore some fresh bot rollouts and has his own opinion about some plays as you already mention in your post.

He is also sometime a little bit arrogant IMHO. For example why he still publish his books with notes on cover that he is only two time World Champion and the best player in the world? What's about Michael Meyburg and Jörgen Granstedt?

Such notes are for uninformed readers and backgammon players as all these backgammon sites which are P65/GE clones, supporters, zombies, whatever.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.