[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Poker: 2/5NL You make the call...

Posted By: DC-Ohio
Date: Wednesday, 8 August 2007, at 2:27 p.m.

In Response To: Poker: 2/5NL You make the call... (Bryce)

Is it common to see 6 limpers? Depends on the players... Table had just opened, so people were feeling each other out really. About 2 hrs after this hand, it was typical to see only 2-3 players to a flop if there was one. (Standard PFR was to $20 with re-raises in the $60-75 range).

How much does my play change at different levels? Again, it depends on the players. You have to be able to change your game based on the feel of the table. If the table feels passive, get aggressive. If the table feels aggressive, get trappy. The only read I had at the table so far was that the button player was an aggressive player (not to sound racist here, but most Asian poker players are...) which is why I checked the flop. I wanted him to bet so I could get heads up against him. Unfortunately, it didn't work and cost me $75.

I got caught in a squeeze. It's one of the worst positions to get into. I wasn't really concerned about the button's hand, but it was the UTG player who made me lay this hand down. Think about this. He not only raised a check raise, but he bet the perfect amount where if either me or the button player were going to call, we were going to have to move in. That's usually a sign of the nuts, which told me I was probably drawing to 2 outs.

If the hands were face up, would I have called? Maybe. There are still a shit-ton of cards I need to dodge to have my hand hold up against a set and a higher Flush draw. And if either hits, again I'm drawing to 2 outs. With those hands and that flop, I'm a 51% favorite. So yes, if the hands were face up, I'm shoving in a heartbeat getting 2-1 when I'm a 1-1 favorite. Absolute call.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.