[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Position 1/3

Posted By: Matt Cohn-Geier
Date: Wednesday, 8 August 2007, at 3:25 p.m.

In Response To: Position 1/3 (Keene)

Oddly enough almost this exact situation came up in my first chouette here on Monday. White had another checker from his 8 point on his mid (i.e., I opened with 63, he rolled 21 and split, I rolled 55). My first 3 were B/20 8/3* 6/1* and trying to figure out which last 5 was better. I went with 8/3 and I'll stand by that--I don't see how the roll of 62 instead of 21 changes things. Not sure I can articulate the reason for the play. I guess because if you get hit on the three point you've only made the ace point (not so good), but if you get hit on the ace point you've made the three point (good). That seems like a slightly stronger argument than unstacking. Captain rolled a 56 played B/20, I doubled everyone, Captain took, everyone else passed, extras were offered and scooped, eventually Captain redoubles and gammons me on a 4.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.