[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Position 1/3

Posted By: Stick
Date: Wednesday, 8 August 2007, at 3:52 p.m.

In Response To: Position 1/3 (Mislav Radica)

I don't know what you're talking about, I think it's interesting! I'd even go far enough to consider not hitting any blots at all with bar/10 13/8. I'd consider it, I wouldn't play it though. (pick up the blot on White's bar point & put it on the 8 pt. and I think I play completely safe)

At DMP one is supposed to avoid pure blitzing plays for the most part since you're getting zero value out of gammons you generally prefer plays that are more pure which would point towards bar/20 13/8 8/3*(2). That's a general rule though and for my money doesn't hold water here. I prefer the two blitzing plays to this play.

Even though it's DMP I go all out for the blitz here because I think it wins the most games, it's too strong when it works. This makes 3 of the 5s forced, I somewhat prefer making the 3 to making the ace but I could be talked in to either. Making the 3 leaves your a position a little more strung but makes the better point - making the ace is better if you're missed for sure, distribution is a lot better and you're sure to cover your blot. bar/20 8/3*(2) 6/1* for me.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.