[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

eXtreme Gammon 2 Beta version

Posted By: eXtreme Gammon
Date: Saturday, 23 April 2011, at 3:04 a.m.

Hello everyone,

I am glad to announce that eXtreme Gammon 2 is getting into Beta test.

You can find details of the changes and a link to download at http://www.extremegammon.com/beta2.asp

There is also a page that shows the result of the tests made in XG2: http://www.extremegammon.com/xg2level.asp. There has been a substantial improvement in the strength of the program, although at a cost of speed. In 3-ply the program is about 14 Elo post stronger (0.42 PR) and about 1.2 slower. For Rollout, however, you will see that the data converge much faster as VR is more efficient due to the improved evaluation. Overall, rollouts are noticeably faster to reach the same confidence.

I'd like to thanks the people who allowed me to use their computers for the retraining of the neural network: Neil Kazaross, Claude Landry, John Kendrick, Scott Krause and Miran Muthan.

Neil Kazaross deserves a special mention, as he has helped me all the way through the implementation of the new engine and his input has been incredibly helpful and insightful.

Thanks also go to anyone who gave me feedback and ideas for improvements. We value your input. We did not implement every suggestions but we always enjoy hear from you.

Important:
Beta versions are not yet finalized version. Some features may not yet be completely implemented and the program did not go through a format full test. If you download it, please understand that there may be some bug not caught so it is at you own risk. I am however confident in the stability as Neil, Phil and I have been using it for many months.

Restrictions:
The use of this beta version is restricted to version 1 registered user. The program must be installed on a computer that has version 1 installed and register. Furthermore the computer will need to access the internet in order to start. GameSite 2000 ltd. can (and will upon release) disabled the access to the beta version.

Enjoy

Xavier Dufaure de Citres
GameSite 2000 ltd.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.