[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

My turn

Posted By: Havard Raddum
Date: Thursday, 9 August 2007, at 3:10 a.m.

In Response To: My turn (mamabear)

I read the thing pointed to by Chuck, and I see it's signed by some powerful people we all know: Jeb Bush, Dick Cheney, Paul Wolfowitz, Donald Rumsfeld, ... I also see it was written 10 years ago, way before 9/11, so it's a surprise to me that these people had their vision as clear as it is stated even back then. It's also a surprise to me this has not been discussed in the media (AFAIK). Just a few quotes:

"We aim to make the case and rally support for American global leadership."

So the phrase "USA wants to rule the world" is not just a one-liner sometimes thrown out by critics, it's pretty much a quote from, for example, the vice president.

"we need to strengthen our ties to democratic allies and to challenge regimes hostile to our interests and values"

How can there be allies when USA shall rule the whole world? I think they used the word 'allies' instead of 'servants'. Those that are not "allies" seem to be categorized as 'hostile'. This fits right in with the president's statement some years later - "either you are with us or you are against us".

Now, 10 years after this was written, the project of The New American Century seems to be well on it's way. These people don't just talk the talk, they also walk the walk.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.