[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

XXIII european backgammon championship in Velden

Posted By: Marco Fornasir
Date: Tuesday, 3 May 2011, at 9:16 p.m.

In Response To: XXIII european backgammon championship in Velden (Mochy)

Dear Mochy,

thank you very much to post the information about the XXIII European Backgammon Championship in Velden. I will post the results tonight, I’m just at home after one week. Yes, it was a great edition of the tournament, with 96 players playing in the different categories and events and I’m proud to have in Velden some of the best players, as you, Bob Wachtel (Olympian Champion 1992), Fernando Braconi (European Champion 2008), Schmucki (European Champion 2007), Mario Kühl, Shimon Kagan, Yiorgos Kleitsas, Ronald Reinhardt and many others. 23 years of Championship are not a joke, but this year somebody have the brilliant and arrogant idea to start another European Championship resulting nothing good for any sides but a confusion through world players. Velden, as you wrote, is a perfect venue where play the European Championship: in the heart of Europe. 23 countries represented it means that those players were coming nearly all around Europe because the European Championship is tradionally a very important event. This year, to celebrate the decennial, we realize a video and all the palyers will recive a cd with the video of the event. Also your lecture is recorded and you will see how impact it will be on you tube and other websites. Mochy, I thank you once again for your kind participation and lecture, and I’m sure that the next year we will be again in Velden together the week-end after Easter. Marco Fornasir – WBF

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.