[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Phil Simborg, write me some new rules!

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Friday, 13 May 2011, at 12:29 a.m.

In Response To: Phil Simborg, write me some new rules! (Michael Crane)

I accept. However, let me state that starting over 20 years ago I have been stating that not only do we need rules that are clearer (and they have improved over the past 20 years) but we also need a "guide for tournament play" which is more comprehensive, or a separate set of more comprehensive rules with examples of how to handle infractions, for tournament play.

I DO NOT advocate changing the basic rules of backgammon or tournament play (with the exception of the legal moves rule), though I have certainly suggested some variations to be used in side events or possibly in the Masters only, for the most advanced players, to make the game more intricate and challenging for the WC players.

So send me a set of the current Biba rules, give me a little time, and with the collaboration of a few people who I respect highly for the experience, expertise, logic, and sense of fair play (particularly Jake, Chuck, and Perry), I will give you what you requested. Hopefully, if and when it is accepted, other organizations will follow and we can eventually have an international, comprehensive, fair and complete set of rules for tournament competition.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.