[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

who's got a great comeback?

Posted By: Keene
Date: Monday, 13 August 2007, at 8:09 p.m.

In Response To: who's got a great comeback? (Caryl Stephanson)

My online almost automatic response is : "Yes, I know, if it wasnt for luck I would never win"

My OTB response is mainly internal, and fairly profane.

But, when you suffer to a lucky sequence, its almost impossible not to feel hard done by, yes, you can accept to a degree, but beyond that its near impossible.

The other really important aspect of this is the skills definition. You play at skill level X. Anything that is inferior to that is clearly weaker, anything that you disagree with is because you play at level X, you are unable to comprehend what is beyond that - i.e. better. So, you automatically measure your opponents luck against your perceived skill level. So, in your opponents eyes, you will always be perceived as 'luckier'. Checker play surely is playing the checkers in such a fashion that you are setting yourself up for success, by increasing the number of rolls that do good things for you.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.