[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Luck in poker and BG

Posted By: Ian Dunstan
Date: Tuesday, 14 August 2007, at 7:02 a.m.

In Response To: Luck in poker and BG (Chuck Bower)

I suspect nearly everyone has a whinge now and again, even the best BG or Poker players.

Here is a first-hand experience: I have only been to one International BG Tournament (Istanbul, several years ago). Over several events I played three top 32 (maybe 64) WC players in various events. One was a current World Champion, but he wasn't a moaner. The other two managed to whinge about their luck and/or my "poor" play in our matches!

One of them whinged after I beat him in a 5pt match. The other because I offered to settle with him when he was "obviously the better player", so he told me (I was tired and didn't want to play the final). This so-called "better" player also decided to deride my play during the match. I didn't know who has was at the time, just some guy I was meeting in the finals, but he later turned out to be someone most of our American (especially ABT followers) readers would have played against at some time.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.