[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Let Me Clarify

Posted By: Chuck Bower
Date: Thursday, 16 August 2007, at 5:36 p.m.

In Response To: Let Me Clarify (DC-Ohio)

A nice list and most of the names are hard to argue against, I admit.

I saw Todd Brunson rip a dealer for making a mistake HU on Poker Superstars X (don't remember which season -- telecast was about a week ago). I think he carried it a bit too far. That doesn't make him a whiner, though.

I wonder if it matters whether tournament or cash game. Your comments seem to apply to cash games ("even if they get beat, they realize that they will be ahead in the long run"). True for $-play but tournaments (particularly the glamor and glory you receive from winning) are more frustrating for these pros. If you listen to them (and actually look at who makes the WSOP Main Event final table) you start to think some have resigned to never getting the most coveted title in poker.

I saw Harrington get beaten HU on WPT a week or two ago. He looked pretty disgusted but to his credit didn't utter a peep. (When they handed out the Budweiser he didn't bother waiting for the others to toast the victor. Instead he took a big swig!) Last night he was on again (hand selected six player table of Poker authors) and got pushed around like a hockey puck. When he sees that broadcast (probably already has) I suspect he's going to be a bit embarrassed. (Stick will say he knew all along.)

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.