[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

My favorite

Posted By: neilkaz
Date: Wednesday, 22 June 2011, at 6:02 p.m.

In Response To: Freaky games: any good stories? (Timothy Chow)

Almost 35 years ago, I was Blue here in a weekly club tourney and when White conceded no gammon, and me, being a young brat, was bothered that he didn't realize that he still could be G'd so I abruptly said, "Roll, I am going to gammon YOU".

Well.. he rolled 44 and so did I and when he tossed his second set of 4's he looked rather concerned and I rolled...and one die stopped on 2 and the other being old small plastic dice with rounded corners spun and spun and finally stopped on a 2. I scooped up my 4 checkers and reached out my hand to say "Good match" and my opp was gone allready !! He went out the back door of that place amazingly quickly and I never saw him again so hopefully he didn't quit BG.

The fun thing about this is that my decision actually cost me theoretical equity since I am clearly more likely to lose this game than win the freak G.

White is Player 2

score: 4
pip: 60
5 point match
pip: 21
score: 1

Blue is Player 1
XGID=-ACBB--------------ec-cbb-:1:-1:-1:44:1:4:0:5:10
White on roll and trying to concede no gammon

eXtreme Gammon Version: 2.00.168.beta

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.