[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Freaky games: any good stories?

Posted By: Henrik Bukkjaer
Date: Thursday, 23 June 2011, at 7:35 a.m.

In Response To: Freaky games: any good stories? (Timothy Chow)

Some years back, my team playing in the DBgF Team Leagues (at that time divided in 5 levels*) won the 2nd division by one of the largest margins ever. We were sure to pick up 1st place even before the final day of play (2x4 matches). Along the way I got the best record in the league that year going 18-3.

The following year we were very exited to play 1st division (the first time for our team), and we were looking forward to see how strong the opposition would be.

In the very first game, of the very first match of that season, one of our players lost his 17 point match, after (correctly) having doubled to 32 at 0-0 (at 98,x% match equity). This was a match played vs. the former DBgF chairman, who then said something like "Congratulations on your promotion, welcome to the 1st division!".

From thereon we starting to loose and loose and loose, needless to say we were sure of moving out down to 2nd division again, even before the final day of play! And how did I fare? Well, I ran into my worst streak ever, loosing 13 games in a row (11 in the leagues and 2 in the Danish Championship).

We just had the best and the worst luck possible in the leagues 2 years back to back!

---

* Each division consisting of 12 "4 player" teams, each playing 22x4 17 point matches in a season).

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.