[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Airlines

Posted By: Havard Raddum
Date: Monday, 20 August 2007, at 12:56 a.m.

In Response To: Airlines (John Little)

Since we're on the topic of how airlines can ruin your day, let me tell you of my story from last week. I was going from Australia to Canada. Part of the trip was with Air Canada's flight AC 34 from Sydney to Vancouver. It's important for me not to travel via any American airports, my passport is not (yet) of the machine readable kind that is required for travel to the USA. When I arrive at the check-in it turns out the plane also stops on Hawaii. This was not written anywhere on the emails I got for the electronic ticket. Oh well, I thought, it's not like I'm going to pass immigration in Honolulu. But you guessed it, ALL passengers, even if they are just getting off the plane and on again right afterwards, bound for Canada, have to pass US immigration. I was simply denied boarding. Nothing I could do about it, I just had to return home and start writing emails to the people expecting me in Canada.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.