[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

OLM Mon. Aug. 20th

Posted By: Mislav Radica
Date: Monday, 20 August 2007, at 7:35 a.m.

In Response To: OLM Mon. Aug. 20th (Stick)

Unstack heavy loaded midpoint or slot white's bar point in order to avoid being primed with three checkers back?

We are behind in the race having more back checkers with anchor so Magriel bold vs safe criteria argue for bold.

Also white's growing blockade looks very danger for me so 23/18 looks right. If we anchor on white's bar point it would be huge improvement and the end of white's trying to prime us. This move also looks best for my eye in way of connectivity and covering all parts of the board.

Who knows, maybe Stick double and hit us and we rehit from the bar. After that he can dance and we anchor on barpt with cube on 2 in our possession lol

13/8 is fine play for better checker's distribution but is a little bit passive. Sometimes such quiet plays are best. It is true that people tend to play less such kind of plays. Robertie wrote about that in 'Modern backgammon'.

I think that we have to aim for more volatile play when cube is still in center and we are dog in game.

23/18 for me.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.