[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Real Backgammon

Posted By: svilo
Date: Monday, 26 April 2010, at 5:02 a.m.

In Response To: Real Backgammon (mikeg)

I like this theme. Words or numbers. See my www.svilo.com/Matches introduction. Openings are sure the one side to start "ploughing the field". The other side is endings - remember Trice, Danny Kleinman, Robertie, Woolsey who started even without computers.

I like this forum because 1) It is best of the few. 2) because it gives flesh to the skeleton of numbers.

On both sides of the field it is easier to see what is done and what remains to be done (even if the remaining is overwhelmingly vast). One can see the same in chess.

I can remember a joke I heard from my mother:

In the period of collectivisation (when every peasant was "nearly" forced to contibute his land to a cooperative), a man went to bed every evening, caressed his wife and said - "This field is for me to plough". Then, each time, he fell asleep. One night, the wife replied quickly: "Do what you are going to do, because I am planning to contribute to the cooperative". Morale: Ploughing adds value.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.