[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Suggestion and question for working with a great new book.

Posted By: Higonefive
Date: Wednesday, 20 July 2011, at 3:15 p.m.

Hurra! Holiday, no bicycle accident as last year, and at the first day „What is Your GAME PLAN?” arrived just in time. After reading the curtain-raisers, i got to the first position. But then i stopped. How to get the most out of it? Here my suggestion:

I then made myself a worksheet (excuse me, but i like the snowie diagramms still more), to write the solution process down. And putting my board on the table, to shuffle the checkers.

Brainstorming for the isseus of the position. Looking for candidates. Getting a game plan. Choose the canditate, which will fit. After writing all down, reading the comment and compare.

But then i remember. Kit Woolsey gave an average error rate of .03 for the “New Ideas in Backgammon” Problems. What will the authors of „What is Your GAME PLAN?” give? It would add even more fun. I remember also the fun, counting the points, going through “Reno 86”.

Anyone suggestions?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.