[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Stiffed on Calcutta at MC World Championship

Posted By: GARY BAUER
Date: Saturday, 23 July 2011, at 5:27 p.m.

I was in Calcutta field 14 with Fabio, and 2 others. Field 14 went for €400. I didn't understand the winning bidders name, and went to the front desk after the auction. I asked them to call the winning bidder for my field so I could buyback. They called him to the front, and I paid him €80 for my 20% share of the field, and had him initial my calcutta sheet. So, I was pulling for Fabio against Paul Weaver in Semis, and for Fabio in the finals. 2nd place in calcutta pool was €1340. After the awards cocktail, the fun begins. It seems like everything was done to make sure I wouldn't get paid. They wouldn't call the calcutta winners, and they wouldn't pay my share. I had to wait around for hours, until Howard said he was calling in a night. I should have followed Howard to his room. George Gruenbaum caught him at the elevator, and Howard paid him the entire pool there. George skipped town, and I'm stifffed, and its my fault according to Howard.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.