[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Chiva - Tournmants in Belgium

Posted By: Mr Majestyk
Date: Sunday, 24 July 2011, at 10:16 a.m.

Chiva,

Will you ever again organise a Tournament in Belgium? I was reminiscing and found these pictures taken at the time:

http://www.world-backgammon-association.com/index.php?option=com_phocagallery&view=category&id=7:oostende-2006&Itemid=41

I had a great time; an excellent event with a generous number of strong players in attendance. Belgium has a lot to over! Since 2006, I've been back to Oostende; took my Wife and the two youngest boys; had a great time. Brussels too has a lot to offer. I don't know what anybody else thinks but for us, the accommadation was/is reasonable with a large choice of hotels to suit all pockets.

We took the tram to Knokke Heist; about an hour's travel. Shop til U drop is best way to describe Knokke; beautiful resort with lots to do. There was a Tennis Tournament going on there at the time with Pat Cash being involved in the commentary. His reply to be asked what he liked about Knokke was something like "Beer and chocalates"; hopefully not together you drongo!

Spent a week in Brussels couple years back; we stayed at the 4-star Stephanie Hotel, Avenue Louise. Visited the famous Dandoy for hot chocalate and waffles with warm cherries and ice cream - yummy!

They were erecting the crimbo tree in the Grand Place - loved it there with those quaint watering holes with log fires and great beer, lots of beer yeh!!

Around 18.00 they switched on the lights; amazing light show with chillout music mixed with traditional festive tunes - what a blast.

IMO, the food in Belgium is worth every euro with all sorts of delights from savoury to my fav; the sweet trolley.

Make it happen, Chiva; you will not regret it!

NBM

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.