[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Stuff - On & Off Topic

Posted By: Stick
Date: Tuesday, 26 July 2011, at 2:00 a.m.

There are many little things that I've wanted to bring up of late but my main computer was MIA after some registry changes it didn't want me to get online anymore. This also meant I couldn't run XG2 (beta) because it needed to connect to the net every time it opened so my quad core was MIA for a while adding to the pile up of Daily Quiz Recaps to be written. I turned to my laptop but it has turned to overheating and shutting itself off automatically and these are really the only two decent computers I have anymore. Now my desktop quad core is fixed and back online so that will help me get rolling again. I have XG2 and future daily quiz recap rollouts will be rolled using this.

Now, on to a couple forum issues. First we have what I call the Subject line of posts. This is meant to introduce the thread, it is not meant to be the thread. As for some examples:

Monte Carlo Open Winner

Rollout Posting Wait Time (and the replies to it)

Lars' Final Hand

Etc...whether other people care about this or not I have no idea you're stuck with me being annoyed by it so for the most part try to avoid it. Take two seconds to simplify the Subject line of what you're going to introduce and then cover it in full in the Message body. I'm not a fan of overly long titles (sentences) and *NM* at every step. If all you want to express is agreement with a post the "+1" or "+1000" posts are fine.

Next, these forums are not eXtreme Gammon support. (nor or they GNU support) Read the rest of this paragraph before you take this too harshly. If you can't figure out how to do something in XG by all means, post it here, someone probably knows and can answer you quickly and you won't bother Xavier who is way too busy to be answering every donkey question that most of us are too lazy to look up in the FAQ. However, if you're posting something weird that happens within' XG that nobody but Xavier will be able to help you with and you'll have to have a correspondence with him likely exchanging files and screen shots I don't see much of a reason to post it here. Xavier thankfully checks here regularly and keeps on top of everything but it would be easier on him I'm sure if he didn't have to crosscheck everywhere online to keep up with support of his product.

When in doubt as always post it and keep your fingers crossed that malicious me doesn't come along and delete it.

People email me for a lot of things. They want book rollouts or Gridgammon invites or my overvalued 2 cent opinion of a position or they've lost/forgot their password again or they need a post edited/deleted or or or ... I don't mind one bit, I'm happy to help when I can when I have time, but don't be a donkey and email me about a Gridgammon invite on Tuesday and having not heard from me by Thursday email me again. All this does is put more emails in my inbox and annoy me. Maybe I'm easily annoyed of late but there you go. I have so many bg projects backed up from daily quiz recaps to articles for GammonVillage to weekly lessons for students to improving my own game and if you are all lucky spitting out a book or thirteen that I get ranty about things.

The Preview Message button is like a hooker your friend paid for. It's there so you might as well use it.

If you do lose your password when you email me be sure to include your username on the forums.

If you email me for a Gridgammon invite include the username you'd like to have and your real name along with the working email address you want attached to your Gridgammon account.

That's it for the moment. I'm sure as always I've forgotten some things so I may be back later.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.