[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Variance reduction tournaments on DailyGammon

Posted By: mtuhtan
Date: Tuesday, 2 August 2011, at 7:26 p.m.

Last year, when I read an interview with Bob Koca, I became interested in his suggestion to increase skill in backgammon by using variance reduced results.

Not long after that, I started experimenting with variance reduction tournaments on DailyGammon. Players' feedback has been very good so far.

The reason I'm writing this post - new var-red tournaments will start in about a month, so if you're interested to play and don't have a DailyGammon account yet, you have enough time to register and to get used to playing experience there.
Var-red tournaments have "Twice a Day" time controls, so you can test to see if you can play often enough (playing at least once every day is recommended).

You can see tournament table of current var-red tournament here. (On top-left you can click on various tabs)
This is the tournament for players with rating 1800 or higher. (DailyGammon ratings are higher than on other sites, 1800 on DG would probably be around 1550 on GridGammon)

If you think you're good player but you don't have a luck in regular tournaments, or would like to confirm your domination, or you just want to try something new - this is the tournament for you!
I hope I will see you on DailyGammon, in the next var-red tournament!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.