[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

52S-44B-41?- 31P- 42P-43L-51D-32R-42?-55K (If you can't nactate it, don't play it!)

Posted By: Kevin Whyte
Date: Thursday, 18 August 2011, at 4:25 a.m.

I was inspired by that other thread to start a new training plan: each night before bed, play one slow and careful DMP game against the computer and then immediately go over an annotate it. My first one is essentially contained in the subject line (only my first move was correct according to gnubg 4-ply). Strangely it still rates me an expert for this, I think because I got a lot of pointless racing moves right later.

I'm posting this here because I have a few questions:

-Nactation: the plays I didn't know how to nactate (anyone else constantly have that auto-spell-check changed to "lactate"? I just barely caught "If you can't lactate it, don't play it" in the title when previewing my post)

41: 24/22,13/8

With the back men already split I don't know what to call this - it's a bit like U versus V, but only one back man moves and the other comes down.

42:24/22, 8/4

Similarly here, but instead of down the other component is a slot. The two moves I can't nactate are also the two the bot likes least - hence the thread title. Also, what is the nactation for "resigns"? :-(

-My second question is how do I create an html or pdf annotated game using gnubg? I think if I force myself to write an explanation of my moves, good and bad, I'll learn a lot more. So I plan to put these games, with annotations and rollouts, on my we page for the world to critique. I can see how to export to a bgonline post and then add annotations, but I don't think I need to be posting daily badly annotated matches here - so how do I do it so it can work without access to all the images that are hosted here?

Just in case my other nactations are wrong, here's the position after 55K. I then danced for 9 rolls , entered everything with double 6s when it was too late and was gammoned (not really, it was DMP). DMP did take a bit of getting used to - I found myself worrying a lot about whether I could take an upcoming double or what my gammon risks were. I think more DMP will be quite helpful in getting me to look at checker play issues first and foremost, and that's probably a good thing for my game right now.

bgblitz115

1O� '2X2X2X4X� '� '� '� '� '2O

� '� '� '3O� '4O� '3O� '1X� '4X

kwhyte160

Position ID: bHvAEwA4z8EAaA Match ID: cAkgAAAAAAAA

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.