[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Vietor Cup update...

Posted By: Justin N.
Date: Sunday, 25 September 2011, at 8:55 p.m.

After 8 rounds of play in this Swiss format invitational, here are the leaders: • 7-1 record – Mark Andrus and Ray Fogerlund • 6-2 record – Adrian Costa and Kamyar Hosseinian • 5-3 record – Jake Burak, Jeff Byerly, Howard Markowitz, David Wells, and Norm Wiggins

One interesting ruling…

This is, and has always been (at least in the modern era) a clocks MANDATORY event: it was mentioned in the preliminary informative email to all players, it was mentioned in the pre-tourney verbal announcements, and the clocks were provided by the house and sitting out in plain sight for all to grab before their matches. In the first round, two players were discovered to be playing without a clock, both of whom were repeat invitees, and fully informed about the clock policy. The discovery was made very near the end of their match, which finished 45 minutes after the published 1.5 hour match length guideline, causing two of the second round matches to be severely delayed, and potentially forcing the TD to hold back players from going on their scheduled 2 hour dinner break after Round 3. When asked “do you have a legitimate reason for not using the clock?”, Player A answered a straight “no”, and Player B answered “I was thinking about it, but then my opponent didn’t say anything, so I didn’t say anything, and we just played”.

What punishment, if any, should be levied against these players in an effort to recover lost time, and to ensure that this scenario does not repeat itself?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.