[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

The Jacoby Rule: Thank you all for bringing this critical issue to light!

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Tuesday, 27 September 2011, at 4:49 a.m.

It is of great consolation to me to know that possibly hundreds of lives have been saved as a result of the Jacoby Rule. Had it not been for that rule, I wonder just how many of our chouette players would have been late for a critical brain surgeries they were needed for at the hospital. There is no telling how many important speeches at the United Nations would have been missed.

I would estimate that in our typical chouette, at least a total of over 12 minutes per day was saved as a result of the Jacoby Rule. Multiply that by the number of players in the chou, times the number of days played per year, and the affect on society could be devastating. We might not have modern antibiotics, or the iPod, or the Meyer Dice Tube if it weren’t for the Jacoby Rule.

We need to continue to search for more ways to speed the game up, for the sake of society.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.