[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Group Lessons

Posted By: Stick
Date: Saturday, 15 October 2011, at 10:31 p.m.

This is an idea I (and I'm sure many other) have had for quite some time. As always, I'm slow to implement but nobody else has got around to it either so I'm going to try to kick it off.

The lessons will be limited up to 7 other participants and the duration will be at least an hour but more likely 1.5 - 2 hours. I don't mind running over on time or sticking around to answer any/all questions that I can. I will plan them so I have nowhere to be afterwards.

I will not hold the group lessons with less than 5 participants. It will be on a first come first serve basis. If you want to take part in the lesson that week you can email me at checkmugged@yahoo.com (checkmugged at yahoo dot com) and let me know.

The price for this is $25 per person. The main way I will accept payments is through Paypal. If you can't use Paypal for some reason contact me and I'm sure we can figure out something.

I will hold these lessons using Webex. This is a great platform that allows everyone to connect and see my computer. On your screen you will be able to see my screen and everything I do. It also allows you to connect and talk with me and everyone in the meeting using headphones. There are real time chatting capabilities which I will likely use with group lessons so everyone isn't talking at once.

These lessons will all be recorded and a link sent to the participants so they can review the lesson at their leisure. Webex costs the user nothing. You will simply have to download and install something quickly the first time. It's very easy to use. I will also send any files/rollouts to people after the lesson in case they want them for their own collection.

The first lesson is going to be on races. I thought about picking what is commonly viewed as a more exciting topic like backgames for the first lesson but jumping into that type of game without understanding a lot of other things along the way won't help you. I am trying to pick a time that will be convenient around the globe so no matter who or where you are, if you decide to participate, it will be doable for you.

If there happens to be a lot of demand for this I will consider running more than one a week.

Date: Sunday, October 23rd
Time: 17:00 UTC/5pm UTC (1pm EST)
Duration: ~1.5hrs
Topic: Races
Price: $25 via Paypal

As always, any comments/suggestions on how this might be improved are welcome.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.