[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Nactation Questions — Clarifying the P (Point) family

Posted By: Taper_Mike
Date: Sunday, 6 November 2011, at 12:48 a.m.

Since the time of Nack's original Nactation Guide, he has altered the definition of P (Point). You can read about the changes in the 4th position of the Nactation: Study, Tutorial Supplement, and Annactated Game. A dedication clause now mandates that all parts of a roll nactated P must be used to make the new point.

I think I've got it down now, but just to be sure, what are the answers to these questions?

1. Can a play in the P family ever make more than one point? Can 52S-55P, for instance, mean 8/3*(2) 6/1*(2)? My guess for both questions is, "No."
  2. Can a play that switches points ever be nactated P? My guess is, "No." A member of the P family must make a new point.
  3. Can a play that gives up one point in order to make another be nactated P? My guess, for the same reason, is, "No." (The preceding question is a special case of this one.)
  4. Can a play that moves 4 checkers to the same destination ever be nactated P? Can 43T-43T-11, played 6/5(4), be nactated using a member of the P family? My guess is, "No, because two checker movements were not dedicated to making the new point. They only reinforced it."

Mike

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.