[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Report #2 from Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Posted By: Paul Weaver
Date: Tuesday, 8 November 2011, at 12:22 a.m.

Yesterday I mentioned that Falafel, Magriel, Michy, Mochy, Tobias, Wachtel, and Wells were here. MCG (Mad Cool Genius) also showed up. Belated thanks to Mad Matt for donating his time, energy, effort, expertise and money to stream matches from Monte Carlo live over the Internet this past July.

The tournament was scheduled to start today at 5 PM. The hotel had promised a guaranteed prize pool of $100,000, but when only fifteen players showed up, they announced they were breaking their promise. The players held a meeting and decided to ask for all entry fees to be refunded. We got our money back.

More meetings are scheduled tomorrow. Four more players may show up. There may or may not be a tournament starting sometime tomorrow.

Lots of people here are from Costa Rica. I asked one guy if he wanted to play a few games for money. He said yes. We sat down to play and I asked if he wanted to play for $50. He said he would only play for $10. We played three games and I lost one point. He quit me when his friend, a $50 player, walked into the room. He said I should play his friend for $50. I pulled $10 out of my wallet and tried to hand it to him, but he would not accept it. I insisted that he take it, but he insisted that I keep it. First time anyone who has beaten me has refused to accept my offer of payment.

How many times should I offer him the $10 before I give up and keep it?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.