[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Rollout Results, Voluntary "Triple Shot"

Posted By: Paul Weaver
Date: Sunday, 13 November 2011, at 3:27 p.m.

Before showing the rollout result, I will first show the position after White plays 18/16 18/14, leaving a "triple shot."

Blue now has 28 numbers with which it is legal to hit, but she has perhaps as few as 9 numbers with which it is correct to hit (66 22 44 31 42 21). Even with some of the rolls that could be used to hit twice (32 43), Blue should probably not hit.

The rollout result appears after the first position posted. Commentary appears after the rollout result.

White is Player 1

score: 9
pip: 155
15 point match
pip: 135
score: 0

Blue is Player 2
XGID=-aaB-BBB----bBAAAc-e-Bba--:0:0:-1:00:9:0:0:15:10
Blue on roll, cube action?

eXtreme Gammon Version: 2.01

White is Player 2

score: 0
pip: 135
15 point match
pip: 161
score: 9

Blue is Player 1
XGID=-aaB-BBB----bB-A-cBe-Bba--:0:0:1:42:9:0:0:15:10
Blue to play 42

eXtreme Gammon Version: 2.01

White trails by 20 pips after the play. In order to win, White needs to contain Blue's back checkers.

Playing 18/16 18/14 is not nearly as risky as it might look, because White should probably hit with only 9 of the possible 28 numbers that could hit.

After breaking the 18pt anchor, White still has an inside anchor on the 21pt. White needs these checkers on the 18pt to come around the board and help him control the outfield and eventually make some strong blocking points, such as the 8pt or 10pt.

Lots of duplication going on here. Blue needs 2s and 3s to advance in White's board; Blue needs 4s to cover the blot in her board. By playing 18/16 18/14, White dupes Blue's 2s, 3s and 4s.

I could do a much better job with the analysis and commentary if I were not in a rush to check out of my hotel room. I am sure that some bgonline posters can expand on (or correct) my brief comments. This is my first rollout to perform on my brand new superduper computer.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.