[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Las Vegas Open

Posted By: David Kettler
Date: Tuesday, 15 November 2011, at 4:33 p.m.

Troy,

I would put it this way:

I heard a lot of grumbling about the Imperial Palace, and I admit that the furnishing of my cell were Spartan. Yes, I too was put off a bit by the graffiti on the walls and the suspicious characters lurking in the hallways, but look on the positive side of the experience. The hotel is very eco-friendly and the large amount of water saved by the low flow showerheads is very important in that desert environment. Also the frequent elevator rides provided ample opportunity to spend extended times with new friends and to get to know them intimately. Finally, I must say how impressed I was with the carpeting. One doesn't often get a chance to see and experience antique carpeting like that outside of a museum. I hope that they are planning to take steps to properly conserve it so that this national heritage is not lost to future generations.

Dave ----- Original Message ----- From: Troy Longman To: Howard Markowitz Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2011 12:51 AM Subject: Las Vegas Open 2011

Thank you for participating in the 2011 Las Vegas Open, Howard and I hope you enjoyed yourself.

We don't have confirmed dates or location for the Nevada State Championship in April 2012 yet, but Howard is working on it and should have something soon.

If you would like to send me any comments about your experience this year, please do so.

Thank you again and I look forward to seeing you in the future.

Troy Longman Tournament Director Las Vegas Open and Nevada State Backgammon tournaments

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.